Chapter 1: What is Video Marketing and why is it important?
Chapter 2: How to start planning your Video Marketing strategy
Chapter 3: How to structure a Video Marketing campaign
Chapter 4: The Video Marketing content framework
Chapter 5: Video Production approaches and techniques for business
Chapter 6: How to deploy a Video Marketing campaign
Chapter 7: Video Marketing for search
Chapter 8: Video Marketing seeding
Chapter 9: Video Marketing metrics and measurement
(Free Download) Chapter 10: Top 20 Advanced Video Marketing tips and tricks
This guide brings together some of the key areas of video marketing and explains how to implement a successful video marketing campaign. Let’s start at the beginning...
What is video marketing and why is it important?
Video marketing is the process of using the moving image to communicate and market what your company does or sells. This might be to promote your company’s products, services, brand, strategy or key messages. This can be done in multiple ways including posting material on YouTube channels, embedding video in to the relevant parts of your website, distributing through social media, using film/animation through email marketing campaigns and online advertising (e.g. banner ads).
Why is video marketing now considered as the best form of online (content) marketing?
It drives a far greater engagement than any other medium. Twinned with the rise of social activity on sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook, video is the best way to get your message across in a limited amount of time. It will make sure that your information is seen and heard by the right people.
“Whether B2B or B2C, I believe passionately that good marketing essentials are the same. We all are emotional beings looking for relevance, context and connection.”
– Beth Comstock
Video is more likely to result in an emotive experience and response from the viewer. More engagement means increased effectiveness in search and better results in your seeding (to be explained in more detail later in this series).
Here are some of the facts:
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages that contain video (MarketingSherpa)
- Using the word "video" increases click through by 55% (eMarketer)
- People stay 2 mins longer on your site if you have a video (Comscore)
- An introductory company email that includes a video receives an average increased clickthrough rate of 96% (Implix)
- Mixing videos with images in an article drives up to 33x more shares and links (Moz)
- 48% of the most shared pieces of content are video (Moz)
- 58% of consumers consider companies that produce video content to be more trustworthy (Econsultant)
- 65% of senior executives have visited a company’s website after watching a video (Forbes)
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week (Forbes)
- 64% of marketers expect video to dominate their strategies in the near future (Forbes)
- 59% of B2Bs prefer video to text (Forbes)
- 78% of the most successful B2B marketers create more content than a year ago (CMI)
The real key is engagement. If you want people to click, like and share or stay on your content for longer, video wins every time. This also helps improve your search and seeding results. Even if video isn’t the centrepiece of a campaign or strategy, it should certainly be a component that contributes towards whatever it is you are trying to achieve.
It’s time to start planning your strategy for video marketing. Before you do, take a look at our video on "Video Content Marketing Strategy For Business":
Connect with Mungo Park: